* B.S., General Studies, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT
* M.A., Psychology, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
* Ph.D., Clinical Psychology , University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
* California Community College Instructor Credential in Psychology
* Certification in Clinical Hypnosis from San Francisco Academy of Hypnosis
* American Society of Clinical Hypnosis, Approved Consultant Certification
* Level II Certification in EMDR
* Frederick, C. and McNeal, S. (1999). Inner strengths: Contemporary Psychotherapy and Hypnosis for Ego-Strengthening.
Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. (currently published by Routledge)
* McNeal, S. (2020). “Hypnotic ego-strengthening: Where we’ve been and the road ahead, American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, 62, 392-408.
* McNeal, S. (2008). "Healthy narcissism and ego state therapy." International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis, 56:19-36.
* McNeal, S. (2003). "Perchance to dream: ego state therapy and dreams." Hypnosis International Monographs, 6, 79-89.
* McNeal, S. (2003). "A character in search of character: Narcissistic personality disorder and ego state therapy." American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, 45: 233-243.
* McNeal, S. (2001). "EMDR and hypnosis in the treatment of phobias." American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, 43:263-274.
* McNeal, S. & Frederick, C. (1993). "Inner strength and other techniques for ego-strengthening." American Journal of Clinical
* Frederick, C. and McNeal, S. (1993). "From strength to strength: Inner strength with immature ego states." American Journal of
Clinical Hypnosis, 35:250-256.
* 2008 Roy M. Dorcus Award for the Best Clinical Paper on Hypnosis, presented by The Society for Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis
* 2003 Milton H. Erickson Award for Scientific Excellence in Writing on Clinical Hypnosis, presented by the American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis
* Life Coach, San Francisco and Berkeley, CA
* Psychologist Private Practice, San Francisco and Berkeley, CA
* Director of Training, Richmond-Area Multi-Services Outpatient and Prevention Services, San Francisco, CA
* Private Practice, Psychological Center, San Francisco, CA
* Private Practice, Marin Treatment Center, San Rafael, CA
* Private Practice, Part-Time, Ukiah, CA
* Staff Psychologist, Mendocino County Mental Health Services, Ukiah, CA
* Staff Psychologist, Mendocino State Hospital, Talmage, CA